

## Principality of the Summits



Summits December Investiture 2025, AS 60  
[Live]

### Words from Their Alpine Highnesses

### Words from Baronial Coronets

**Glyn Dwfn** – Baron Feredach – greetings to their Highnesses – thank you to the new Seneschal!

### Officers Reports



**Seneschal:** Zulaikha al-Zarqa'

Term Ends: Sep 2027

While I am still getting my bearings in this position, I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thus far everything seems to be going well. I am grateful for the abundance of communication folks are utilizing in supporting each other and seeking support as needed.

**Calendar Deputy:** Fortune verch Thomas

Term Ends: Mar 2027

**Social Media Officer:** OPEN

Term Ends: Apr 2026

**Seneschal:** not officially a live stream position

**Event Deputy:** Piaras mac Toirdhealbhaigh

Term Ends: Feb 2026

Jacob Redbourne put self forward to take over position. Seneshal checking on handover procedure.



**Exchequer:** Godwynn Reynard

Term Ends: Jun 2027

Good evening,

Summits Exchequer Moot Report:

Summits' share of 11<sup>th</sup> Night's gate and the fund raiser for the Regalia fund are not reflected in the bank and fund balances below.

Current bank balances are as follows:

Checking – \$19,710.01

Savings – \$18,547.85

Fund Balances:

General Fund - \$29,339.35

Summits Travel Fund (in Kingdom travel) - \$3,991.33

Griffin Travel Fund (Out of Kingdom travel) - \$3,413.23

Regalia Fund - \$479.75

YAFA Fund - \$155.00

Several third quarter reports were submitted late. While ultimately, it is up to the branch exchequers to complete and submit their reports on time, I do take partial blame as I did not send timely reminders to the branch exchequers of the approaching deadline. There are also still multiple branches that have not sent me their third quarter reports. It's really important that these be completed and submitted as soon as possible since year end reports are due in less than a month and they build off of these third quarter reports. If you need help with your getting your reports to balance, please let me know.

My own third quarter report was also submitted late to the kingdom exchequer because there was an unidentifiable cash deposit made into our checking account. None of the signers on the account knew what it was and an email sent to all Summits branch exchequers asking for information received no replies. Ultimately, I was given permission by the Kingdom exchequer to record this deposit as "Other Income." This is less than ideal, and I would like to reclass it to the proper category, so if anyone knows what a \$1,720.00 deposit in the third quarter to the Principality checking account is, please let me know.

The kingdom Exchequer sent an email recently to all of the exchequers in the kingdom. In it, he discussed some changes that are coming down the road with banking. Society has decided that it would be helpful to have all US branches using the same bank. The hope is that this will make some things for us easier including allowing the kingdom exchequer view only access to all branches accounts and streamlining processes like changing signers on bank accounts by having a single point of contact at the bank that is used to working with our... unique structure. He estimates that it will take at least a year to full implement. The bank chosen is Chase bank, so, at some point in the not too distant future, we will need to move our bank accounts there as will all of the baronies and shires. There is an exchequer's meeting at 12<sup>th</sup> Night and I plan to be there, so I might have more information soon.

I am looking for a deputy since I do not currently have one. Being my deputy does not mean you have to take over the office when my term is over (which is well over a year down the road anyway). If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss what each other's expectations are.



**Chamberlain:** Weylyn ibn Rustam

Term Ends: Dec 2025

Not present – no report submitted



**A&S Minister:** Baroness Milisandia

Term Ends: May 2026

Not present – no report submitted

**University Deputy:** Séamus O'Caellaigh

Term Ends: Sep 2026

Not present – no report submitted



**Herald:** Randulf Greenwall

Term Ends: Jun 2027

Heraldic activities in the Principality are going well. Bleu Grael has 3 deputies currently. We held a Consultation table at Investiture. The intent and hope is to make that a regular occurrence at Investiture. Bleu Grael's next 2 projects are going to be starting a monthly Commentary Meeting the Tuesday after the Internal LOI drops (so usually around the middle of the month), and purchasing or commissioning a Principality Heraldry Book/Binder.

Ever in Service,  
Randulf Greenwall  
Bleu Grael Herald  
Protege' to Thegn Cormac Mor  
Squire To Vsc. Ivan Shieldbane



**Marshal:** Randall Blackwolf

Term ends: Jun 2027

End of the year Moot report.

Greeting from the Desk of the Summits Earl (armored) Marshal.

My last quarter reports were up after Discussing with the various Seneschals why I wasn't receiving them and received 6 out of 8 on time. Since then I have Authorized 3 more senior marshals in our region and expect get closer to 100% soon. There was a FAQ released by The Society covering the newly released Fighting standards I plan on diving in deep during my vacation So that I can better serve the Summits. If your group is looking to get Authorized please feel free to reach out to me and we can plan to make it happen. We have

recently Lost a fellow senior marshal last week there is some talk that that It may some how be related to a fighting concussion. In my 20+ years of fighting there are Two armor pieces that should never scrimped on or become un maintained ,Gauntlets and Helmets. Please reach out to practices and ensure proper padding is being used .

Well thats all I have , To one and all a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.

Lordship Sgt. Randall Blackwolf  
Summits Earl Marshal

**Deputy – The Archery Marshal - Murchadh Monaidh Chroaibhe**

Term ends: Sep 2025

Greetings,

The 2024-2025 Archery & Thrown weapons season ended on October 31<sup>st</sup>. We had strong participation in both disciplines throughout the year with no reported injuries. The 2025-2026 season has begun, and with the exception of a few locations where indoor ranges are available, off to a typically slow start due to weather conditions. No reported injuries at the time of this message. My term expires in October 2026, and I'll be looking for a successor.

In humble service to their Alpine Highnesses,

**Deputy – The Rapier Marshal - Alejandro Romero**

Term ends: Jun 2025

Not present – no report submitted

**Deputy – The Cut & thrust Marshal – Mikkel Hoie**

Term ends: Mar 2027

Things are going well, visitng other practices to see how he can support, only receiving reports from GB and AD. If other groups would like to start a practice, reach out. Sword of the Mountain tournament at March Coronet. Would like to get back to pre Covid participation levels.

**Deputy – The Equestrian Marshal**

Not present – no report submitted

**Deputy – The War Lord of the Summits -**

Not present – no report submitted

**Deputy – The Youth Armored Combat Officer**

Not present – no report submitted



**Mistress of the Lists: Elizabetta**

Term ends: Jun 2027

Not present – no report submitted



**Chatelaine: Iurii**

Term ends: OPEN

Not present – no report submitted



**Chronicler: Elizabeth Chandler**

Term ends: Mar 2026

Chronicler activities in the last quarter have been standard - Echoes and Moot minutes published, branch Chronicler reports collected, compiled and sent to the Kingdom Chronicler and the society archivists.

Speaking of which, the previous sentence sums up my job duties, which will become vacant in March 2026, as my term expires. I would like to find a replacement; if you are interested, please reach out and I can answer any questions you may have about the role.

YIS,

HL Elizabeth Chandler

Summits Chronicler



**Web Minister: Tyric**

Term ends: Sep 2025

Greetings,

Well, seeing as I have been in this position, I do not have a lot to report at this Moot. So far I have accomplished the following.

- I've logged into the Summits website to familiarize myself with the layout and structure.
- Accessed the Webminister Email account.
- Updated Summits Royalty to reflect our new Prince and Princess
- Updated Branches page to reflect recent changes.
  - New Barons in Glyn Dwfn
  - Different Seneschal in Mountain Edge
- Updated the Officers page.

I have identified other places where potential updates may occur, but I do not know the correct way to make these changes. I will be looking into this next week. (But not during Christmas)

*In Service,*

HL Tyric Magnason

[SummitsWeb@AnTir.org](mailto:SummitsWeb@AnTir.org)



**Gryphon Scribe:** Morgan

Term ends: Dec 2023

If you know anyone interested in scribal, need custom ones done

Deputy: Mergret Dyer

Zero Q3 reports in inbox – will reach out to Kingdom to let them know they are due

Projects she wants to complete: scribal archive – images of existing charters etc for scribes to use as a reference

Would love to add them to the website

Would like to add credits to them

Has about 2/3 scanned

Has updated wording on Summits awards on master award wording doc

Has been made concise and non-gendered and non-naming of the Coronets

Verified that reccs coming from Kingdom are going to Coronet emails

Updated Summits awards with Kingdom

Has submitted budget for 2026 - \$1150 – included explanation



**Family Activities Coordinator:** OPEN

Term ends: OPEN

Position vacant – no report submitted

## **Branch Reports :**



**Adiantum** - Antoine à la Langue d'Or

In the wake of loss and tragedy, Adiantum is standing by to assist House Black Heart should they need or want it.

We are super busy getting ready for Twelfth Night and Mid-Winter's Feast.

Here at Adiantum we are committed to helping strengthen our shires and the Principality as a whole, to help us be the best Summits we can be. To that Effect, we intend to (responsibly) use our wealth of resources, people, experience, and well money... to do just that. We enacted our Plan for Egil's profit sharing. Briar Oak has Taken on Gate, Tymber Haven gold key, Cour de Vale Merchant coordination, and Glyn Dwfn Youth and family activities. Each branch will be receiving between 5-10% of the Profits from the Event. Tera Pomeria approached us about helping with cost coverage for equestrian insurance for Long and Short. It hasn't passed a council yet, but all early indications is that it will. We have a few members who wish to take up Equestrian, and some new people who have

moved in whose horses shall soon make the move as well, and if we want our people to have access to the training animals, events, and equipment, things we lack. Then we should provide what we do have...financial assistance.

We are looking to pare down the calendar and give up one of our Events. We are still in process of figuring this out, but we are hoping to have a better Idea by February how this will all work out.

Up coming Events

Mid-Winter's Feast

March Coronet Bid (very very late but that is my fault I have been traveling too much)

Birthday Bash

Bank Balance as of 10/31/25: \$35,680.24

Barony night is Every Thursday!

We have martial activities

YAC is happening. We have one fighter and are looking to outfit more as they get ready to begin training.

Heavy, Rapier, and C&T. We have indoor bathrooms Classrooms for A&S. Potluck Every Third Thursday a monthly class, and a First Thursday Bardic in the new year.

No Youth and family Activities

No youth Rapier

Yours in Service



**Briaroak** - Archos Líadan of Seahaven

Greetings,

Briaroak Bash was held the second weekend of October. It was less well attended than recent Birl events have been but still made a small profit and is the first Briaroak Bash in 3 years to not be cancelled due to fire or smoke. We are well pleased with the new date for that reason.

We are also pleased with the new site we found (Church on the Rise in Roseburg), and look forward to using it again, they actually have 30 acres there and we plan to look over the whole site for possible expansion/ use for some future principality or kingdom events.

We are planning a demo at a new renaissance faire with Umpqua Community College in late spring. We had a few new attendees to Bash from UCC since the demo at UCC last summer.

Heavy fighting practice is held at the same time and place as rapier, rapier averages 5 attendees heavies have had none.

Yours in service,  
Archos Líadan of Seahaven, Seneschal of Briaroak



**Coeur de Val** - Jenara Wyndswift

Not present – no report submitted



**Corvaria** - Temperance Trewelove

Corvaria celebrated Yule earlier this month. We found a new space that seems great. The only downside is that one of the congregants needs to sponsor us and be willing to open and lock up after us. This requirement seems like an imposition on the congregant. Nevertheless, we had a good time playing games and exploring linoleum carving to make prints.

We had 8 weeks of heavy fight practice in a row--unheard of for our Shire, especially in the winter months. The weather has been beautiful; we got our first real snow yesterday. So, we will see whether we can keep practicing. We had a knight move with his daughter into our Shire. They have already jumped in and contributed.

This is my last report as my term of office ends in the beginning of January. My deputy, Fahim, will step up. He and I will work on the Q4 report together and complete the change of officer paperwork at the end of the month.

Our next calendared event is All Fools in April. Our newest Pelican, Carrick, is the event steward. Other than that, we are beginning to think about the Coronet we are hosting in 2026.



YIS,  
Temperance



**Glyn Dwfn** - Gwenllian Caredig

Hello!

Glyn Dwfn is going well, we had a lovely Samhain with the Baronial Changeover. I am also feeling more confident in my new role as Glyn Dwfn Seneschal. :) Thursday after 7pm works better for me, though I can make time Friday evening if needed.

Thanks,

Gwen

Gwenllian Caredig  
Glyn Dwfn Seneschal  
She/They



**Mountain Edge** - Layla of Mountain Edge

Thank you to everyone who's bearing with me as I get grooved in to the Seneschal position!

**Demo** - Highland Games – Yamhill Co Fairgrounds in Oct

**Martial Practices**

- Thursday Fight Practice: No winter site at this moment, currently supporting TP Wednesday practice
- Archery Practice: Coming 2026! Expecting this to be 2 Mondays a month in McMinnville (private residence)

**Upcoming Activities**

- Winter Social: Saturday, December 27, 5pm - 7pm at Mac Market (1140 NE Alpine Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128)
- A&S Night: Tuesday, January 27, 5-7pm in McMinnville Library (225 NW Adams St, McMinnville, OR 97128)

**Upcoming Events**

- Mountain Edge Defenders Tournament 2026
  - Saturday, April 18
  - Beulah Park (405 E 3rd St, Yamhill, OR 97148)
  - Event Steward: Tyric Magnason
- Acorn War 2026
  - Sept 11-13, 2026 (may move to October)

- Site: TBD
- Event Steward: Asny Brunsdottir

#### Financials

- Bank balance: \$10,032.06
- 2026 budget approved

#### Officers

- Officers are prepping for Q4 reports
- New incoming Web Minister: Oswyne Walston



**Myrtleholt** – Brynhilde Smidtsdottir

Not present – no report submitted



**Southmarch** - Sean mac Pol

Not present – no report submitted

Temperance: new A&S minister, started to stir things up at the library, 6 months of activities planned – making viking hoods in January. Officers – assessing interest. Low attendance at Frostbite – canceled halfway through. Trying to figure out whether to dig in and build attendance or go into abeyance.



**Terra Pomeria** - Christmas Caryl

Not present – no report submitted. Business meeting seemed to go OK.



**Tymberhavene** - Seamus O'Caellaigh

#### Tymberhavene Moot Report

Things in the Shire are going pretty good. We are growing and expanding our Fighter Practice and Arts and Science Nights. We have at least a new person each week, if not more. We just need to focus on retention.

YIS

Viscount Séamus O'Caellaigh OL OP OotS

Tymberhavene Seneschal

## **Summits Event Reports:**

### **Winter Investiture – Terra Pomaria (12/13/25):**

Just completed.

### **A&S & Bardic Championship – Tymberhaven (02/14/26):**

Bid is being discussed.

### **Spring Coronet – Adiantum (03/21/26):**

**Bid has been submitted.**

### **Summer Investiture – Briaroak (06/20/26):**

Bid approved, Alexis filia Copernicus is the autocrat

### **Fall Coronet – Corvaria (09/19/26):**

Bid has not been submitted yet.

### **Winter Investiture – Glyn Dwfn**

Other Business:

His Excellency Rufus recommends going through Summits Law to find needed updates.

Greetings Zulaikha,

Their Alpine Highnesses have asked me to reach out to you to request a topic be added to Moot for Thursday. They wanted to discuss Regalia, specifically the wool cloaks, and any fundraising for regalia. They essentially need an update since it hasn't been something they talked about previously. They have reached out to Weylin to let him know about the repairs needed to the cloaks.

Please let me know if additional information is needed or if there just isn't time in the schedule to discuss this topic.

In Service,

Maeve Cunningham  
Court Coordinator

(no one in the meeting was sure of the answer)

Largesse Coordinator – Morgan

Can I add to the next moot a motion to create a position under the Chamberlain as a deputy in the Exchequer chain for Largesse Deputy with a 2 year term to match the change at Kingdom and remove the onus from each Retinue team and the changeover between reigns?

(Rufus pointed out that it can't become Principality property since we give it away)

Morgan will put together a proposal to present.

Concern about reign having a specific flavor.

Griphon vs Alpine Scribe – Morgan

I also want to make the same proposal for the moot to combine Reign Scribe into Gryphon Scribe, and have the GS interface directly with the Court Coordinator and remove that position from Retinue duties, the same as Largesse. There's no need to duplicate efforts and it's almost always smoother when they are the same person anyway, so we are going to cut it down. I will also have a budget request for the office, but I will bring that to the moot.

Morgan wrote an SOP for Gryphon scribe, including handoff and reporting.

Clarification: not suggesting that Reign Scribe be removed.

- There was discussion of moving the 2027 March Coronet from Myrtleholt to somewhere else.
- Website currently has events out to 2040